Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 1 Progress


Day 1 (Sunday) - I know today is Sunday but I was thinking about running ALL DAY today so I just had to. I am training for a 5K in mid-October, and I need to get in shape for that. The past two weeks I've been mostly doing the hill climb/fast walking on the treadmill and sometimes the elliptical, so my body's not really used to running. It's hard to run when you've got some ladies #ifyouknowwhatimean

I decided to do 3 miles, and run as much of that as I could, just to see how it felt. I ended up walking a good portion of it, but I did it! And it felt so good afterward. Matt was lifting weights when I got home so I did some of those, too.

Day 2 (Monday) - Again I was thinking about working out all day today. I have a desk job so it's really easy to stay sedentary after work but I just changed right when I got home. We had an appointment to go look at a house so I only got to run about a mile and a half before Matt called me home. Can I just say that running (at this stage) sucks and feels very unnatural? I can't wait for the day when it will feel normal to run 3 miles. Or a mile. Or half a mile straight. I feel like I'm running through molasses, which is actually a dream I have quite frequently. And my dreams are usually premonitions of something that will happen later. Is now later? Was I dreaming about myself sludging myself around the track at our park like an idiot? I think so.

I used MyFitnessPal today. It's really interesting to see how many calories different foods have. I have been eating way too much. Yay.

Day 3 (Tuesday) - Today was my rest day, which is good because I taught art and had a temple recommend interview. I wanted to go to the gym but had to remind myself that when I super-obsess about things, I tend to burn out and give up.

Day 4 (Wednesday) - We had a house showing today! We actually put an offer on the house, we liked it so much. We also had other stuff to do but I got to the gym late and ran/walked almost FIVE miles! I feel like I run so much more when I'm on the treadmill. Is that just me?

I weighed myself (even though I told myself I'd do it just once a week on Saturdays) and found out that I have lost 2.5 lbs since SATURDAY. And that's including eating pizza and nutella today for Treat Wednesday. I am becoming a true believer in MyFitnessPal, for sure. I've been feeling hungry because I'm eating a lot less calories but I just figure it's my fat crying.

Day 5 (Thursday) - We had a mission reunion today after work, but I got my butt right in my workout clothes right when I got home. I ended up at the gym for over an hour because I got sucked into watching Rehab Addict. That's the beauty of not having cable...half of my motivation to go to the gym stems from wanting to watch HGTV! I didn't run too far today but I am feeling myself getting a bit stronger. Still counting calories religiously.

Day 6 (Friday) - Fridays are hard food-wise because we usually go out to eat after work. I ended up getting more pizza for lunch but cut out the sausage and only at 3/4 of what I usually eat. We went out to dinner but I figured out a healthy option on MyFitnessPal before I ordered, so I'm still on track. Today's not technically a gym day but I'm considering going anyway since Matt is at the football game.

I've been researching fitness watches online and am considering getting a FitBit Flex. I found myself getting frustrated yesterday that I couldn't track calories while walking the dogs or running at the park. It's sleek enough to wear all the time, so I'll be able to get a more accurate read of how many calories I burn in a day. Since my job is very sedentary I'd like to have some sort of data about how much I burn at work. Does anyone have experience with the FitBit? I've also considered other trackers like the Garmin 15, but I would only be able to wear that while exercising.

Update: Just went to the gym. It was deserted. I gained back most of that 2.5 pounds so I'm guessing it was water weight? Dunno but at least I burned 400 calories.

Day 6 (Saturday) - it's conference weekend which means food and sitting all day! I was pretty proud that I only went about 200 calories over haha. I have been under most kd the week so I think it's OK. I bought a fitbit flex to track my calories burned during the day. Its fun! I'll post separately about that.



Pin It!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Kellie! Way to be so honest with yourself and to keep at it! I think it is really smart not to push it too much so you don't give up. You really will be running 3 miles naturally in no time! When I first considered running track my sophomore year of High School, I showed up to see what it was all about and what was the workout? Running a mile. I had NEVER ran that far before. Let's just say I hated it and said that there was no way I was going to do track. But my friends insisted I try it for a week. After a week, a mile wasn't as bad and I'm so glad I stuck with it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...