Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Puppy Gotham Deserves



One day Matt and I woke up and decided we wanted to get a puppy. Literally an hour later, we were driving up to Hooper to pick one up! Anyone who knows me might be shocked, because I'm usually very calculated and realistic about decisions like this. Not this time! And that's the story of Bruce.

Having a puppy is awesome because he follows us around all the time, loves to play, and is super cute to watch. He also gets us out to the park 2 or 3 times a day, which is awesome for my vitamin D and cuteness intake levels.

The not so awesome part about getting a puppy is that we got him right before I started a new job. This week has been interesting, to say the least. Leaving him at home all day has been a struggle for me. The first few days I felt so guilty and cried and cried when he cried and cried. Even with people checking on him and me rushing down from Orem on my lunch break didn't seem like enough. I could tell he was so sad, and he manifested it by tearing up the carpet and barking a ton when we closed him in his room.

I even considered quitting my job to stay home with him. Yes, Batman, I took it to that level of crazy. (BTW, his name is Bruce Wayne.)

Once I stepped off the crazy train and calmed the f down, I realized that basically taking maternity leave for a dog is just straight up bananas.

Luckily, the past few days have been so much better and he's only torn up the carpet once. That, my friends, is progress.

He may not be the puppy we need, but he's definitely the puppy we deserve.

The next time you feel inclined to do something crazy like buy a puppy on a whim...do it.

YOLO.
Pin It!

2 comments:

K La said...

awwwww! He is so cute!!!!

Job and Rachael said...

He is perfect. I am not a pet person (I know, call me a jerk, I've heard it ;) but I love when other people get pets! I will live that little part of life through you. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...