Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2013 Bucket List: Cruise Saving Update



This post is a part of the 2013 Bucket List series, in which I tell the whole world my goals so I have to complete them. You can read the original post here. Here is an update on one of my 2013 goals:

Save enough money for a summer cruise

Matt has been wanting to go on a cruise for a while now. My family has been on a few, and we loved them. We have a teeny bit of debt to pay off, but once that is done, we are moving forward full-steam to save for this trip. We are putting 5-10% of each paycheck in a glass jar and aren't allowed to take that money out once it's in. Hopefully by April we will have enough to go to the Bahamas! I always say I want to do cool trips like this, but never make them happen. I always worry that we have more important things to pay for. But if we don't do things like this now, they will never happen, and then we'll wake up one day, 90 and too frail to do anything cool. I always thought that you do what you prioritize, so we're prioritizing a trip this year.

UPDATE:

We're getting pretty excited to go on this cruise to the Bahamas in August! I'm getting some pretty heavy cabin fever here in the frozen tundra of Utah, where inversions suck out your soul and the cold takes whatever's left. Dramatic? Maybe. True? True.

As of 12/31/12 I had $153.00 in my cruise jar. This does not include Matt's cruise savings. Who knows how much he has...I'm too lazy to ask. Maybe it'll be a nice surprise later on!

Update: 1/4/13: Cruise jar has $233! And we only have one more debt payment left! We are planning on flying into Miami a few days early to relax and enjoy the beaches. This means my BLC will probably be getting another goal...lose some weight. Surprise, surprise. We'll see how that one goes.

Once these goals are completed, I'll probably add a few more goals to the list. If you would like to join me in the 2013 Bucket List Challenge, please put a link of this post in your blog, then comment on it so I know you're in!


Pin It!

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Looks like it will be a fun time!! Great blog!

Kellie said...

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...