Thursday, October 18, 2012

Confession #2

Guys...I have another confession to make.

Yesterday, Matt found out that he got into BYU. I was thrilled, because we have a life here in Provo, and it would be sad to leave it. Also, he didn't apply anywhere else. Basically, we are two lucky ducks!

As a Facebook friend said, "I love that he got into the only place he applied! It's like betting on yourself and winning!"

He asked me for advice on scheduling classes, and I got SO EXCITED....Like, beyond words excited. I was so visibly excited that he let me do it all by myself.

That's right. I'm the girl who loves planning school schedules more than most things.

In fact, I love basically everything about school. This might just be my post-grad adult self talking, because I'm pretty sure that when I was actually going through college, I kind of had a hard time. I also just think that's my personality, to see the grass on the other side as greener than my own. Since graduation, I have found myself missing school. That's right, I said it. I miss school. 

I'm like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail. I love the excitement in the air throughout fall, the bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils.







I love shopping for school supplies and new clothes. I love organizing my schedule and writing in my planner. I love checking homework off of lists, reading and learning new things. I love not knowing what I'll be learning that semester, and the possibility of new ideas. I love bundling up to walk to school in crisp morning air. I love working with my mind. To me, fall time + a new school year always felt like a chance to start over again.


Mostly, I think I love school because I'm good at it. I'm not great at a lot of things, but I've got this school thing down. I'm pretty sure I was built for the structure and set expectations that school brings. I may not be able to hit a baseball farther than 3 feet, wrangle a crowd with my awesomeness, or care about politics, but dang, I have this school thing down.

So I miss it. Almost every day I think about going back. I'll just have to live vicariously through Matt. I guess, for now, that will be enough.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...