Monday, September 21, 2015

Improvement

I'm feeling better today.

I feel the prayers of loved ones lifting me up. It's sunny outside, and Matt has another two days off after only two days of work. I went to yoga for the first time in maybe 5 years, and that really helped me calm down and set intentions for the day. I hope I can find a way to continue after my super cheap 5-class pass runs out.

We've made a habit of finding a new place to hike on days off. Today it was Lake Sawyer. The beauty of this place really astounds me, and I'm grateful that I get to explore it. We locked our keys in the trunk for 2 hours, so that wasn't super fun. But I think the yoga and the hiking helped me stay calm during the whole thing.

I'm working on a new product for my quilt shop. The shop seems like such a hodge podge right now, but I'm trying to use up my scraps before I start buying tons of new material. I couldn't resist buying some fabric today at the little fabric shop next to the yoga studio. Oops!

My sister told me about calm.com so I've been doing 10-minute meditation sessions on my phone every day. That seems to help keep the anxiousness at bay, at least a little bit.

I've just completed Returning to the Here and Now session of 7 Days of Calm. Join me on www.calm.com.

I don't feel like I'm out of the woods yet, but I'll take a good day and run with it. Here's hoping for a good tomorrow, too.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...