Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 28, Day 196 - Spin Class and This Week's Meals

Dang the weekend went by so fast. I went on a long walk with Lola on Saturday; I planned on running but I tripped on an uneven sidewalk and messed up my ankle for the rest of the day.

I'm still meal planning and cooking almost every day! Man, it's a lot of work. Mad respect for anyone who does this like a normal adult (aka all the time). But just like working out, which I've done consistently for 200+ days, I'm trying to make it a habit. 

This morning Kait dragged me -- and I mean, dragged me -- to spin class at VASA. I've been wanting to try a class out for a long time now, but I was always too lazy and frankly intimidated to go. I was not super happy to wake up at 5:30 and go do something scary that early in the morning. But I went and I'm so happy I did! It was dark when we got in there, so I had no idea what setting my bike was on. I'm pretty sure I was at a moderately low level the entire hour, but I felt like I got a good sweat in. Plus the teacher was so motivating...she taught us how to do good form in between making us laugh and pumping up the music. I felt that good exercise high I get from running, but faster. 

It was nice to give my muscles a break from running form and do some cycling. And how great is it to just get your workout over with before 7am? I mean, I was so tired I drank 2 cokes before noon, but I was so happy to come home from work and do other things (like cook, or watch a show) without having that nagging feeling of "I need to work out" in the back of my head.

We're gonna go try a new class tomorrow morning. I don't think 6am gym times are gonna be my norm, but it's nice to mix it up. 

Here's this weeks meals! 

Monday - Matt's breaded chicken, homemade potato wedges and asparagus (yum!)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday (steak tacos with fixins)
Wednesday - Blackened chicken with cilantro lime quinoa (haven't tried it yet, but we're on a quinoa kick so this'll be good)
Thursday - Hamburgers
Friday - Winder Farms ravioli with pasta sauce
Saturday - Chicken stir fry (frozen stir fry veggies + teriyaki sauce make this super easy)
Sunday - Hawaiian pork (I found a marinade so we just have to put it in the crock pot and cook some rice)

I'll be gone Thursday-Sunday, so I planned easy stuff that Matt would like to eat.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...