Wednesday, February 4, 2015

On Abundance and Jealousy

looks like hosta leaves... I can imagine Georgia O'Keefe painting this! ... <3 www.24kzone.com


Alright y'all. I'm all about the articles. It makes me feel more connected to this big great world of ours. I read this one a few weeks ago and it has stuck with me so I thought I'd share it.
I still have a hard time feeling jealous of people (close friends!) who hesitantly tell me they're pregnant. I get this momentary feeling of "yay!" and then I walk away and start to feel sad. Which is the most pathetic and unfair thing ever for everyone involved. Like seriously...how selfish is that? I can't expect everyone in the whole world to stop having babies just because I can't have one. But still, the raw feelings are there. And I'm all about feeling my feelings, so I let them happen. And then I tell them to go away.
Because deep down, I believe that any good news for anyone is good news for me. It's not bad news for me. It shouldn't make me jealous. They are not on the same life path I am on. Especially with news like creating a new life, that can only be celebrated by anyone who hears it. So in an effort to capture that, here's an excerpt from this amazing article I found called "When Her Good News Makes You Feel Bad". Please read the entire thing! It just hits the nail on the head.
"A few years ago I got overwhelmed and consumed by jealousy and this made me feel all clenchy and small -- so I decided to try believing in abundance. And it sort of looked like this: When a friend shared good news, and I started feeling jealous, I told myself -- kindly and gently (which is the only acceptable way to tell yourself anything) -- to cut it out because scarcity is a lie and the truth is that there is ENOUGH to go around. And so I went out of my way to build her up even more. I want the best for you, I'd think. I really, really want you to have everything you've ever dreamed of. And you guys, somewhere along the way, I started believing myself. I started believing that I was the type of woman who wanted the absolute best for everyone around her. I started believing that I was a woman who would help the woman next to me get whatever she dreamed of. I became a person who believes that the bigger I help you become, the bigger I become. The happier I help you become, the happier I become. The more successful, fulfilled and healthy I help you become -- the more successful, fulfilled and healthy I become...
What on Earth is cooler than THAT? Nothing. That's just the best, most exciting. expansive, HUGE way to live. To not only believe in abundance, but to CREATE more of it. To quit fighting for a bigger slice of pie and just bake a bigger pie and invite everybody you know to share it with you. Nothing beats that. That's POWER.
The amazing thing about love and attention and encouragement and grace and success and joy is that these things are infinite. We get a new supply every single morning and so we can give it away all day. We never, ever have to monitor the supply of others or grab or hoard. There will be more in the morning and it will be enough."
 
So if you're pregnant and you're hesitant to tell me because you think I'll have a bad reaction to it, please tell me! Please share your amazing news with me. I promise I will feel genuine happiness and love for your big, beautiful, life-changing news. Because there is enough to go around.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...