Monday, November 17, 2014

Circuit Training with Sworkit Lite App





When Kait and I go to the gym, we usually start off on the treadmill. We'll run/walk 1-3 miles then go to the lady gym. I love the lady gym. There's a lot less pressure to be a rockstar in that room. You know, like...the guys with ponytails doing crazy pull-ups or badass girls with 0% body fat and 1,000% muscle. That's not how we do.

Sometimes we do the weight machines to build muscle, but lately we've been doing exercises on this app I have called Sworkit Lite.

There are different exercises on there to work out different parts of your body, and you can choose the amount of time you work out. So one day we'll do the core exercises for 10 minutes, or another we'll do Pilates for 15. Today we did full body for 20 and it was killer. I was huffing and puffing and got a better burn than when I run! After just a few weeks I can already tell my body is stronger. I did a full plank for 30 seconds today without falling, which didn't happen last week.



This app is awesome because it shows you gifs of people doing the exercise, so you always know what you're doing. In 20 minutes I think we did 35 different kinds of exercises in 30 second bursts, with some scheduled in breaks. There's even a voice and a timer that will tell you when it's time to switch.

Anyway, check it out! It's free in the app store.


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...