Wednesday, April 3, 2013

2013 Bucket List Update: A Little History of the World


This post is a part of the 2013 Bucket List series, in which I tell the whole world my goals so I have to complete them. You can read the original post here. Here is an update on one of my 2013 goals:

Read all the books I got for Christmas

Remember when I had goals? Yeah, me too. Remember when I vowed to read all the books I received as Christmas gifts? And that it's the end of March and that goal had come to a screeching halt? Remember how I guilted myself into finishing this book for the sake of crossing it off my list? Please tell me I'm not the only person who does that.

The only reason the fact that I finished reading a book is getting its own blog post is because it happened. And it was a miracle. 

A wee little baby Christmas miracle. Also, the book was pretty good. You should read this book if...

- you have the worst memory and don't remember the order that stuff happened

- you have room in your brain for facts like how we got the Alphabet and weekends and whatnot

- you need some generational perspective

- you really really like reading about war. like, a lot of war. why is there so much war?

- you want to read an abridged, child-like account of the entire world from the beginning of time

- you're awesome


You should NOT read this book if...

- you're a genius and you already know everything

- you need to learn about stuff from 1935 - present day

- reading about war makes you sad

- you like reading about awesome female people

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...