Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Morning Pep Talk



Do you ever have to give yourself a pep talk?

Sometimes I do it before going into a job interview. (When I was jobless right after graduation, this happened a lot). I'd bump Lupe Fiasco's "The Show Goes On" basically the whole drive there, remind myself that I'm awesome and that a job's a job, and life is for joy, not jobs. Joy, not jobs.

I like Mindy Kaling's version of a pep talk...

"Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched."

Sometimes that's all you need to get through a day.


Remember this girl? She might be the most positive person on the planet, and I appreciate that. I could definitely take a cue from her. My favorite lines from her morning pep talk:

"I like my Allisons!"

How many Allisons do you have, kid?

"I can do anything good!!!!"

Yeah, girl. Get it girl.

"Look, I can be a sark!!!!!!!!!!"

You mean shark? Awesome. Me, too.


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...