Last week I was feeling weird. Nothing seemed to be going right, even though everything was fine (y'heard?) My body and mind weren't feeling up to par, so I decided to try having a detox bath to clear myself of some toxins. Was this bath fix mostly emotional? Probably. Did it work? Yeah.
Every time I need a detox bath, I don't want to sludge out to the store to buy necessary ingredients, so I usually end up mixing 12 recipes + weird things I have in my cupboard to make my own personal heaven (i.e. a locked bathroom door, a warm bath, and some quiet time).
Here's what the recipe usually looks like:
1 cup hydrogen peroxide
1 / 2 cup baking soda
Other ingredients I would include if I had them:
a few drops of essential oil (make sure it's skin friendly, not just aromatherapeutic)
1 / 4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup epsom salts (they are NOT the same as table salt...thanks Google haha)
9 easy steps to an awesome detox bath:
1. Lock yourself in the bathroom with all your ingredients.
2. Make the bath water as hot as you can + add ingredients.
3. Turn on some Kenny G and light some weird candles.
4. Turn off the Kenny G. He stresses me out.
5. Drink a glass of water before getting in the bath. Hydration.
6. Sit in the bath for 30 minutes, with as much of your body covered as possible.
7. Rinse in a lukewarm shower.
8. Get out slowly because you're gonna feel weirdsies.
9. Drink a ton of water and go to bed.
You might feel weird the night you take the bath, but you'll feel great the next day.