Have you heard of the idea of a Treat Yourself Day? It's one day a year, where you do everything you've wanted to do, but haven't because life got in the way. The beautiful part about it is that there are no excuses on Treat Yourself Day. You can literally do whatever you want. (To see my version of Treat Yourself Day, go here and here).
Imagine your idea of "splurging" within your means. If you're Richy Rich, I'm pretty sure every day is a TYD. If you're a second-year art teacher, TYD means massages, shopping, and a fancy lunch. It also means vast amounts of doing whatever you want, like not showering and overindulging yourself on dumb internet websites like tickld.com.
This is sounding good, isn't it? You should try it! Here's the basic formula for a Treat Yourself Day:
1. Make a list of all the things you would do in a day if you had enough free time.
2. Make a list of all the things you would do in a day if you had enough money.
3. Make a list of all the things you would do in a day if you could literally do whatever you wanted.
4. Make a list of things that relax you.
4. Kidnap your best friend and make them spend the night. Stay up late doing whatever you want. Wake up the next day without an alarm clock.
5. Pick one thing from each list and do them. Go to sleep that night feeling like all is right in the Universe.
6. Repeat as needed.
Pretty easy! What would your version of Treat Yourself Day include?