Monday, August 3, 2009

twenty-one (edited with pictures).

How did I get so old? I am now officially 21 and freaked out. I think about being 16 again and a)am glad I never have to go back b) have learned a LOT c) can't believe that was FIVE years ago. My, how life has drastically changed. I'd say 20 was a good year (if not my best so far). Matt and I are still going strong, I got my junior year under my belt, have learned a lot in college, have moved twice, lived in Italy for two months, made some awesome memories, and am even more excited to make MORE. 

Here's how this weekend went down. Matt took me out to the Cheesecake Factory in Murray for our anniversary on Saturday. (Yes, it's the day before my birthday). He surprised me when I got home from work with a clean apartment (my favorite!), a glass Newport Beach temple figurine, and a ticket to the Cirque du Soleil Saltimbanco show next Saturday. I've been wanting to go to that show forever. He's a really good listener. 

After dinner we decided to be adventurous and drive an hour south of Provo to the hot springs in...well, I forget. But it ended up being almost a two hour drive both ways. On the way we saw our own personal fireworks show and the moon was almost full. Good night to go hot springing. Except when we got there a big group of drunk people showed up, so we moved to the other hot spring. Except we couldn't find it, so we ended up just going home. So much for a relaxing night in the hot springs. But the drive was nice, and Matt drove the whole way, so I can't complain too much. On Sunday morning Mo and Ken needed someone to pick them up from the airport, so we skipped church to go. They took us out to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. SO much good food. I can't believe I've never been there before! Then Matt and I went home and had a nice long nap to recover from the night before, and watched almost the whole season of Survirorman, which I am now borderline addicted to. That and The Office. Such good shows. After that Amy and Steve came over for cake and by that time it was time for bed.

All in all, it was a great birthday. I got to spend time with the people I care about, the rest of them called me from far away to wish me happy birthday, I have a great life, and I'm excited to see what 21 has in store! 
Amy and Steve came over for cake.
Matt and Alex gave me this toilet seat for my birthday last year at Jacob Lake. They drew some of our inside jokes on it and we just found it, so Matt put it on my toilet to mess with me.
I actually love it. The seat says, "Happy B-Day. When you sit down to do what you do, think of us."
Anniversary!

This is coming home from the airport. I was SO tired from staying up late the night before. The face says everything. Except it was actually a good birthday and I was fine after a nap.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Naazju said...

It sounds like a wonderful birthday. All the best to you! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...