Sunday, April 26, 2009

Return To Me

"You're the only person I know who would cry about going to Italy."--Matt

Pretty much, yeah.

Since it is now the 26th, I officially have 27 hours until I embark on my journey to Italy. It's been a jam-packed month, filled with lots of good memories, and the ever-ticking countdown until my trip, and the day I leave the life I have come to love. It has consumed me, and yet I still can't believe I'm so close to becoming so far away from the place that has truly become my home this school year. I have lived in Provo for three school years now. Never before has it been the sanctuary I now consider it to be. The only difference: my friends. I have had amazing friends since the beginning, but this particular group of friends has become my family. I have blogged about them before. You all know who you are. I have known some of you longer than others, but I feel equally close to all of you. You have seriously made this the best year of my life. I feel like I'm graduating from high school and that I will never see you again. I know that I am coming back in seven weeks, and that we will all be reunited fully come Fall. But I feel the need to close this chapter in my life with a public declaration of deep gratitude for all of you. Here it comes. Ahem:

Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey LADIES,

Thank you for...

sighing BEHIND my back at the stupid things I do.
holding my hand and cuddling with me (all of you).
letting me rant about stupid people, and more importantly, stupid drivers.
putting up with my driving.
helping me move...twice.
teaching me how to play poker, and win. ;-)
being your complete selves around me, and allowing me to do the same.
smelling my farts.
indulging my penchant for babies, slurshies, old houses, PostSecret, Italy, and Matthew.
walking me home.
accompanying me to church.
letting me spend the night when I just didn't want to go home.
reading my blog, even if I do blog much more than any normal person ever should.
feeding me.
fighting back with me.
letting me lose.
letting me win.
doing my dishes.
making my bed.
giving me attitude.
keeping inside jokes alive.
playing FB scrabble with me.
bringing me treats.
surprising me (parties and non-parties).
showing me you care.
making me focus.
letting me play.
helping me cope.
dying my hair.
waking me up.
traveling great and small distances to see me.
listening to me.
talking to me.
coming places with me that you didn't want to go to, so I wouldn't be by myself.
having grand adventures with me.
listening to me whine.
putting up with my dirty jokes (and liking them perhaps?)
letting me cry about leaving you for Italy (What a sad life...)
going to 7-11 with me about 100 times in the past nine months.
sitting in the back seat so I could hold my lover's hand.
driving my car when I wanted to drive with him.
making me laugh.
living with me.
and most of all, loving me.

You guys mean so much to me. I have seen you almost every day for a whole year. Now that we're going our separate ways, I only hope that we will return to each other with awesome stories and new friends to add to the circle (only if everyone votes them in at midnight in a dark chicken coop, of course). 

 
Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear kellie,
awe, kel.
honestly, i teared up a little bit. weird, yes. i withheld the gravitational pull on my tear ducts because you were in the room with me.
the end.
ps. i miss you all ready.
love, wistie

Kellie said...

dear wistie,
awe, wis.
i am also as well fighting back the fourth wave of tears three hours. yay!
the end.
p.s. ditto also.
love, kellie

That's what she said! said...

kellie, i'm sure you're not the only person to ever cry about going to italy because it's not so much about the destination, but what the journey entails. don't worry, you'll have fun, become distracted with the beautiful scenery, culture, food and strange ideas. pretty soon the time that never seemed like it would come, will, and you'll be back in your provo home glad that went. have fun, fly safe, and bring me back something italian ;) hehehe
amy

Stephen said...

dear both of you,
another thing to add to the list of things to do for our summer trip is play poker in the chicken coop at midnight. pray about it.
love,
Stephen
PS Goodbyes are for tomorrows :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...