Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Quick and Dirty

I am warning you now: there is no rhyme or reason to this post.

It's pretty sad when the most intellectually stimulating thing of my day was playing the moderate Sudoku puzzle in the school newspaper.

Matt brought me flowers today. They're always different, and always beautiful. I don't even think he knew I was having a bad day. He just did it...

I am grateful that God gave us the ability to better ourselves. It's hard for me to realize my faults, but when I face them head on, I feel a sense of accomplishment for actually trying to improve less-desirable aspects of myself, even if it's in baby steps. (Baby steps out the door...baby steps to the elevator...)

How do you say something really hard, but necessary to a friend? I have something of great import to discuss with someone, but don't want it to come off as pushy, judgmental, or condescending. I feel like my claim is legitimate, yet could very easily go south...and quick. But it's something that could affect the rest of this person's life. So do I hold my tongue and let them screw up their life (realizing that it's THEIR life and they can make decisions and reap the consequences), or share my opinion with them, which could end up helping them make a better (and hard) decision that would in the end make them happier? When does being a friend cross over into imposing your views on someone else? 

p.s. I'm glad Wistie's back.
p.p.s. I'm going to the PostSecret event at Utah State tomorrow night! (If we can still get tickets). Frank Warren is the bomb diggity and I am beyond words excited.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...