Sunday, February 1, 2009

Six months


Today is Matt's and my 6th month anniversary.
Six months. Crazy, huh?
What I can't believe is how much our relationship has evolved.
When we first met at Jacob Lake, we both had crushes on other people.
Then he started writing me love notes under the guise of Roberto the Love Crusader and with the help of the whole kitchen crew.
My best friend kept this secret from me for months.
We started spending more time together and flirting.
The next thing we know, we're spending all our free time together.
We had our first kiss in the most romantic place possible: in the middle of the pitch black woods, no moon, all stars, walking down a lane draped in huge trees. We couldn't see our hands in front of our faces and had no flashlight, but walked along the road until we couldn't see the lights of the car, arm in arm. We didn't say a word. He leaned down and kissed me in the middle of the lane. We had both been waiting for this for a long time. It was the best kiss of my life because it was the beginning of everything.
When it was time for Matt to leave Jacob Lake to go back to Provo, I got scared.
I wasn't sure if he wanted to date me when I got back two weeks later.
We didn't know each other very well so I couldn't read the signals.
When he told me he did in fact want to date me when we got back into the real world, I was so happy.
Finally, a relationship that didn't have to be a secret because of some stupid and obsolete rule.
Those two weeks alone were the worst.
I wore his jacket and slept in his blanket every night.
I drove myself crazy, and my friends can attest to that.
We've been inseparable ever since we left the JL.
And it's all downhill from there, baby. Best six months of my life with this kid.
Matt is my best friend, my lover, my fella, my everything.
I can't believe how blessed I am to have him in my life.
Here's to another six months and beyond! (To infinity, and beyond!)

Oh yeah um...to all the people at Jacob Lake who were naysayers. We're in love. So suck it.
Pin It!

3 comments:

wistie said...

yes! i love the last sentence. roberto the love crusader... i can't remember the origins to that. congrats! good things happen to good people sometimes.

Stephen said...

I also am a fan of the last sentence! Way to stick it to the man!

Kellie said...

we didn't know who the love note writer was so jeannette and i made up a name to talk about him. little did i know that jeannette was in on the whole thing cuz YOU told her! what skeeving friends i have...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...