Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Week 20, Day 134 - Goal Update

I knew the weight gain was most likely just water and salt! I weighed myself this morning after a good workout at the gym last night, and I'm on track for my goals! I'm officially down more than 20 lbs.

I've decided to look at this like January was my off month. I gave myself a break and now it's time to get hardcore again. So I made myself drive to the gym last night even though it's 15 minutes away now instead of 3. And I ran 2.5 miles! Hopefully that was the jumpstart to get me back into a regular gym schedule.

I looked over my weight loss goals and I'm right on target to be down a total of 70 lbs by January 1, 2016. I have lost about 20 and still have 50 to go. Now that I am down 20, I'm so happy I pushed through when that number was just at 3, or 5, or 9, or 12. This truly does happen pounds and ounces at a time, which means that every workout and every day of calorie counting adds up. It makes me feel better when I think, "Ugh what difference does this one day make?" IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE! It truly, truly does.

This is so nerdy, but I track my calories by day but also by week. It relieves the pressure to be 500 calories under every single day. If I go over in calories one day, I know the previous 3 days or the next 2 or 3 days will make up for it. No day has to stand alone because it has the other days to buoy it up. Of course, it's not an excuse to fall off the wagon every 3 days, but it is a great exercise in self-forgiveness and plain old not being hard on myself. I've learned that I have to push myself daily, but I also have to give myself a break at the same time. Self-love is one of the most important aspects of a successful weight loss journey, in my opinion.

What am I trying to say? Basically, every day counts but it shouldn't be the end of the world if you go over once in a while. It's like the law of consecration but with days and calories haha. Another day's calories will be there to help the off days.

Now that I see 20, I know I can get to 30 no problem. It'll just take work and time. But I will get there. I've done this before.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...