Friday, December 12, 2014

Week 11, Day 75 - Long-Term Goals

I have a really hard time thinking long-term. It's always about the short-term for me, which is why losing 70 lbs seems so crazy. But I just have to keep telling myself that it's gotta happen one lb at a time. My big crazy goal is to lose 70 lbs by January 1, 2016. But I have to have shorter goals to keep myself motivated. Here's the hope:

12 lbs by Jan 1
17 lbs by Matt's birthday (Feb 7)
25 lbs by April 1st
32 lbs by our 3 year anniversary (May 26)
37 lbs by 4th of July
42 lbs by my birthday (Aug 2)
52 lbs by my year mark (Oct 1)

That's about a lb a week, but I know I'll have plateau weeks or weeks where I lost closer to 2 lbs.

I bought a little pocket calendar that sits at my desk at work. I wrote my goal weight for each week of the year in there and I'll use it to record my actual weight. I'm hoping this method will keep me motivated for the upcoming year, since I tend to forget about my obsessions fairly quickly. I also wrote in predetermined workout days so I can't forget. I usually go Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Thursday and Friday.

Here's to long-term goals!
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...