Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week 6, Day 41 - A Setback

On Wednesday I was so happy because I ran 6.5 miles at the gym. I even felt really amazing after...not tired at all. When I got home I took the dogs on a walk and even ran a bit!

On Thursday my knees started hurting. That's pretty normal, since the last time I pushed myself to 3 miles (the most ever back then) my knees hurt the next day and got better. My knees feel okay now.

I woke up this morning and could tell that my back was messed up. I slipped a disc a couple years ago while moving a really heavy box up 3 flights of stairs. That was actually the catalyst for this most recent weight gain. I was injured and couldn't work out so I just kind of stopped. This injury feels like the same thing.

My lower right back hurts so much that I can't stand up straight. The muscles around the disc have tightened and I cried today because I was in so much pain. I'll probably go to the chiropractor on Monday.

It's so weird to me that my back is messed up. I went to bed last night and felt fine, but woke up in such immense pain. Maybe I pushed myself too hard on Wednesday? Maybe it's the hours sitting over the sewing machine? I don't know.

What I do know is that this injury is not going to defeat me like last time. I am not going to lose all this progress and motivation because of a minor setback. I may have to take some time to let it heal, but I will be back at the gym soon.

I've been bedridden all day, and it's given me time to watch a lot of episodes of The Biggest Loser. It's motivated me to keep up my exercise routine and get to a healthy weight, even if I couldn't run today. I may not lost 12 or even 5 lbs a week like they do, but I can keep losing 1 a week. I can do that.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...