I can't tell you my first impression of Matthew, because I don't really remember the first time I ever met him. We were working summer jobs at an inn on the Grand Canyon, and honestly, I was too busy doing my thing to notice him. What I can tell you is, once he had my attention, he kept it. And the rest is history.
In May, we will have know each other for five years. May is also our first wedding anniversary. Best five years of my life. Matt turns 22 today! In honor of his birthday, here's a list of 10 things that make him awesome:
- The neoprene fishing pants he wears as pajamas
- He wrote me letters once a week, every week, his entire mission. He also wore the ring I bought him in Italy every day of his mission, then turned it into his wedding ring when we got married.
- He sold his xbox (or something) to buy me a present once
- Whenever he doesn't want to do something around the house, he says, "Babe, that's my worst job" and gives me the saddest face. And then I do it for him. I can't argue with that face.
- He loves to plan adventures and take me with him
- He is great at bringing people together
- One time he hired his siblings to cook dinner and serve us in his candlelit living room all fancy-like
- He is passionate about a lot of things (fishing, music, his career, his family, cooking)
- He works really hard, then plays hard
- I am excited to live this life with him
|In Mexico on our honeymoon, May 2012|
|In the Philippines on his mission, 2011|