Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 Bucket List: Favorite Things Party Update

This post is a part of the 2013 Bucket List series, in which I tell the whole world my goals so I have to complete them. You can read the original post here. Here is an update on one of my 2013 goals:

Throw a Favorite Things party

My boss keeps talking about these awesome parties she goes to where everyone brings 5 favorite things under $5, then divvy them out so everyone goes home with 5 new favorite things. I was going to do a Christmas FT party, but things got too busy. Things are in the works for January. If you would like to attend and you live in Utah Valley, let me know!

After months of talking about this party, I finally put a ring...I mean date, on it. We'll be favoriting it up on January 19th at my cousin-in-law's home, mostly because her house is bigger and I have one chair. I kept things simple and made a Facebook group instead of mailing out paper invitations. The less stress I put on making things fancy, the more fun the party ends up being. Here's the text from the event page:

"Feeling a little Julie Andrewsey? Need some girl time? LIKE FOOD? This party is going to be BOSS! It's time for us to get together and do what we do best...gossip! Just kidding...share our favorite things!

Each guest will bring five of their favorite things costing $6 or less. At the party we will eat, talk, and draw names for five new favorite things. Everyone will walk away with a five new awesome products!

Feel free to bring whatever you want (beauty supplies, accessories, cooking utensils, perfume, treats, stationery, or something dumb)...as long as you love it, we'll love it, too! The possibilities are endless. If you don't have $30 to spend, get creative and bring 5 $1 items. We just want you there!

Check out the invitation on this page for more details."

This is about as far as I have gotten so far. I still have to figure out decorations, food, and of course, my five favorite things under $6! Here are the images/videos I posted on the event page:






Once these goals are completed, I'll probably add a few more goals to the list. If you would like to join me in the 2013 Bucket List Challenge, please put a link of this post in your blog, then comment on this post so I know you're in! 

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...