Monday, January 11, 2010

Awkward Turtles

One thing I really hate about meeting new people is the frigidity of it all. I'm pretty sure I've been asked where I'm from, where I live and what my major is about 400 times since I moved to Provo... by boys who all look like they came from the same womb.




It makes sense, though. People have a natural tendency to want to find commonalities with strangers. But it's so boring! I don't care if your mother's high school boyfriend's second wife is from the same town I am. I just don't.


I do like making new friends, real friends. I just wish I didn't have to suffer through the "awkward first date" process at church every time a new semester starts to do it.

Maybe I'll start wearing an engagement ring. Nothing repels a boy like a taken girl. 


Is that awful?
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...