Monday, July 6, 2009

...but it's not my state of mind

So I'm sitting in my room alone after a crazy weekend of 4th of July festivities. My best friends Jeannette and Wistie came up and down to see me (Wistie tortured me for months with "maybes" about coming up and she surprised me on Friday...crazy mofe.) I'm going to be honest: things didn't turn out exactly as I planned, but I had a great time and learned a lot about myself in the process. I'm pretty sure I need to work on my flexibility. And no, I already have awesome extension, so I'm talking about emotional flexibility. We'll see how that works out, seeing as nothing can top my leg extension. Nukka what? 

We hiked to some hot springs, spent the night on University Ave. for the parade, got spur of the moment free tickets to Stadium of Fire (Jonas Brothers, baby. Matt was less than thrilled), and spent more than a few hours trying to get my car Agnes up and running again. Best moment: 3 in the morning, laying on this patch of grass that Matt staked out on University for the parade, hauling my pillow-top mattress out of Agnes, chilling with these teenagers we had never met that were all over Matt's friends, Jeannette and I feeling super awkward and about 1,000 years old, and one of the girls eats a piece of pizza that was in an open box on the grass and says, "Ugh, something BIT my TONGUE!" Turns out ants were crawling all over that crazy piece of pizz. We couldn't even keep our laughter in. She wasn't very happy when I asked her if the ant tasted good.

I truly believe that a person's character comes out when something like that happens. Either you can laugh about it, or you can choose to be pissed, embarrassed, or freak out. I'd like to think that I choose to laugh about things like that that happen to me more often than I freak out, but I'm pretty sure that's just my perception about myself and not really how I am. Isn't it funny how we see ourselves and how people see us? I used to think that my perception about myself was more accurate than those around me. But I'm pretty sure I'm not exactly what I think I am...in a good and bad way. I think I think too highly about and too down on myself at the same time. If you want to know how someone is really like, just look at their actions. That was really rambly. Have fun piecing that stream of consciousness together.

I'm pretty sure that when the time comes to move upward and onward out of P-town, I'm going to take a Facebook quiz and move to whatever city it tells me to. Surriously. At this point, all I know is that I don't want to move back to Southern California. I grew up there and would love to move somewhere completely different, even if that means moving to NORTHERN California. And yes, it's California...not Cali. Get it right. I can imagine myself living anywhere on the edge of America. Nowhere in between, even though I guess Utah technically counts as an "in between" state. 
Pin It!

1 comment:

brittna said...

omg that's such a freaking good idea...leave it all up to f-book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...