Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Return

I have now officially been back in the real world for 3.5 days and I can honestly say that I'm so happy to be back. Italy was a wonderful experience that I would do again in a second, but there's something to be said about the beauty of everyday life. After a long 3 plane rides, 3 movies, and an interesting talk with one Jerry Ide who tried to make me go on a mission, I was reunited with my love Matthew Thorley Hardin. We literally couldn't stop smiling on the ride home. The next day my car, Agnes, quit on me. It was really unexpected, even though she's like 17 years old and was expected to die when Ken and Mo gave her to me a year ago. I'm still waiting to get her towed so we can see what the damage is. If she's dead I'm hoping to buy a scooter.

On Friday Matt made me breakfast at one and we tried to fix my car. I finally met his brother Ammon who is super cool, and we went to Memorial Park and swam and went down water slides and played like children at the ward activity. Yesterday we went on a triple date with Amy, Steve, Russy, and Jamie at Goodwood, an amazing barbeque place and played The Game of Things (best game ever).

Today we all went to church together for the first time. Matt is officially moved out and in my ward, as is Amy. And then we went to his family's house for a Father's Day Feast! Their family is pretty big even without a lot of siblings there, and they always invite other relatives and people from the ward to eat. The food was so good and it was nice to be with a family on Father's Day. 

School starts tomorrow, as does my job training. My teacher who taught me InDesign owns a kiosk at the mall called A La Card that prints wedding, baby, party invitations/announcements while you wait. It's getting pretty popular seeing that it takes forever to get announcements back. He hooked me up with a job even before I came back from Italy. It's pretty nice to know that I have a job when the economy is so crappy. I'm really grateful to have one. We'll see how I feel once I actually start.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...