Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 7th

The fake David...aka a replica.
The group outside the church.


Hi Life,


Let's talk about today. Sketchbook class didn't start until 3pm, so I took it upon myself to sleep in a little bit. For class today, we walked to the top of a hill with one of the three Davids outside, and an old monastery on top. The view of the city was absolutely amazing. The hike was so tough that we all sat inside the church and drew in our sketchbooks. I found out that I love drawing the back of people. It was nice to sit and do my own thing for a few hours. Bethanne told us that as long as we are there, we will get an A. This class is for us. Thank goodness for awesome teachers!


We stayed to watch the monks chant at 5:30. It was cool for a while, but honestly, since it was in Italian and so monotonous, I got bored really fast. I started sketching the monk, and by the time I was finished, the service was over. It's so interesting to me why monks decide to become monks. Do they find fulfillment in committing themselves to God that way? Do they ever get bored of the monotony? Or is there any monotony? It's fascinating. 


On the way home, I was taking pictures of letters for my alphabet project. Amber and Kelsey ducked into a shop to look around, and I didn't hear. I got lost again! Good thing I found my way home. I hate getting lost and it seems to be happening more and more lately. 


Eric and Bethanne threw a party at Eric's apartment in the courtyard for Janey's birthday. We had gelatto cake, they took us to the best gelatto place in town and paid for it, and played Iron Man. Amber ate gelatto, which is against our bet, so she owes me, Alisha, and Chase a euro each. Cha ching! I went to get my laptop since Eric has internet at his house and I've seen Iron Man about 9 times, and guess what...I got lost, again! For like half an hour! I had to stop and ask a woman in front of a restaurant for directions. She wasn't feeling good so she went inside and got her husband, who turned out to be American. He helped me find my way home on the map, and was nice but clearly thinking, "What an idiot." It was awesome. Iron Man was hard for me to watch because I only watch movies to go to sleep or with Matt. Sitting on a hard chair doesn't really compare at all to cuddling with the boy. After I finally got my computer and went back to Eric's I started feeling sick. And now here I am, sick in my apartment in Florence with no Wistie or Steve or Matt or no nobody to take care of me. No school tomorrow, so I will probably stay home to get better. Too bad, I had plans with my friends to go to the Ufizzi and go shopping.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...