Sunday, April 12, 2009

Countdown to Italy: 15 days

I have had such a great weekend with my friends, and my mom is coming into town tomorrow night to stay for a week! I'm so excited for her to meet Matt and get some good quality time in with her and Mo and Ken before I leave for Italy in two weeks. Wow, writing it down makes it seem so near! TWO WEEKS! When I signed up for this last semester, I had like six months before I left, and now everything is becoming a reality. I am actually going to live in Italy for almost two months. I have never done anything like this on my own before, and I am actually pretty scared to leave my great friends, boyfriend, and relatively close (in proximity) family to go overseas and live with strangers! I'm scared now, but am so excited to go learn more about art and get cultured. I am so grateful for my supportive family that has been nothing but excited and helpful while I've been making these plans. And especially grateful to the people who have helped me to make this a experience a reality for me financially. I am truly blessed and acknowledge their support, as well. In the beginning of this year, I had doubts about becoming an art teacher. I didn't think I was talented, experienced, or qualified enough to do a good job. But now that I realize how badly I want to go to Italy and learn all I can about art, I know that this is the right profession for me. All those doubts have gone out the window, and I am grateful that God sees the bigger picture when I can't. Don't forget about me while I'm gone!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've already forgotten about you. kellie who? why am i typing this if i don't remember who you are? i must be crazy? well, if i do in fact know who you are, get me present in italy. maybe the gift(s) will jog my memory of you.

kellie, kellie... sounds kinda familiar... i just think of a giraffe and... what? cat making out? weird.

Chelsea said...

You are going to love Italy.
Yes... yes you are.

Becky Green said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am that you're going to Italy!! That's such a great opportunity. You'll love it! And don't be scared, woman. It's gonna be amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...