Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stars and Skies


Today I drove to Payson and was able to see the STARS again for the first time since working in the boonies this summer at Jacob Lake. Seeing stars are so magical to me, and I don't know why. Maybe it's the memory of all those nights last summer, sneaking out past curfew with my best friends, driving off into the woods, and being rowdy. Maybe it's the best memory of all, my first kiss with Matt. Or maybe it's the feeling I get when I see a starlit sky that makes me feel like anything is possible. Or MAYBE, it's the fact that life is genuinely stripped down to its simplest form when you're out in the middle of the night, with nothing to do but stare at the sky and ponder.

I love everything about stars and skies. Call me a kook, but I do.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

of course i remember you! i'm so glad you posted b/c i will definitely add you onto my list, too! i didn't even know you had a blog & i'm sometimes a facebook slacker like crazy! loved this post. so are you engaged to matt or what?:)

Jeannette said...

OhMYGOSH.

I miss the stars soooo much it's unhealthy.
Idaho is supposed to be this backwoodsy landscape, so I keep expecting to see stars every night, but there's just nothing that compares to what it was like on those forbidden summer nights.

Kellie said...

to carrie: no i'm not engaged to matt yet. he is going to go on a mission first, and then the plan is to get engaged after that.

jeannette: provo stars definitely don't hold a candle to JL stars. i would like to go back there just so we can go sleep out in the woods again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...