Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Update

Hey guys! What have you been up to this week? I'm excited to share that I co-curated an interactive children's exhibition at the museum that opens on Wednesday. I'm usually not so involved in curating, so this was a really exciting project for me. The show is called Exploring Play, and all the art is about play. There's also a dress-up station, a word magnet wall, an imagination station where you can straight up just play with cardboard boxes, a book nook, and other awesome interactives. Even if you're not a kid, you should come to the museum to check it out on the 22nd (and look for updates here)!

Here are some other things I've been doing lately that have made it impossibru to blog:

- Building the remaining 3 chairs in our dining set...it took longer than it sounds and possibly involved some light swearing

- Contemplating Pluto's non-planet status. Why? It's just a title. Just let him have it. 

- Daydreaming about moving to Costa Rica (My in-laws are moving there for the summer next week. They're literally going to live in a tree house...super jealous)

- Non-dominating at bocci ball in the majestic dinosaur mountains by Flaming Gorge. Translation: We went camping and in hindsight I probably should have done yoga at sunrise or something. In real life, I read 1.5 books, took a hike and ate a crawdad for the first time. 

- Starting an art business. That's right, I'm now officially a private art instructor slash children's art birthday party queen! 

So that's what's happening. I also saw Gatsby, which just cemented Leo's status in my heart as a straight up badass. Just give him an Oscar already. Poor Pluto. Poor Leo. I'm all about the underdog.


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...