Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Doppelganger


My mom just sent me a text that basically said, "Look at the latest issue of Good Housekeeping! Drew Barrymore looks just like you!" She may also have implied that I am prettier than her, but we're just going to chalk that comment up to the fact that she birthed me. 

Remember a few years ago when people got obsessed for a minute over Facebook Doppelgangers? People would post pictures of their celebrity lookalike and wistfully imagine an alternate universe in which they'd be famous instead of their non-twin. 

I'm pretty sure one of my Facebook friends has more pictures of her non-twin than of her own face! 

I didn't really see the allure because I never had a doppelganger. No one in Hollywood ever looked like me. I realize I don't really look like Drew, but I have to admit that in this picture, I do see a resemblance. Maybe my body doesn't look like hers, but from the face up, I can see it. 

And now I get the allure. The fact that someone who looks like you is famous is a little ego boost. It means that at least one other person in the universe thought they would look good on camera..and if you look like them...well, you get the picture. 

All I'm saying is, it feels good. 

Now if only my doppleganger were Rachel McAdams, we'd be in business.

What's you're doppelganger? (If you don't know, go here).

For more non-twins, go here.

edit: Um...turns out Drew Barrymore was in a movie titled, "Doppelganger." Things just got weird.

Apparently Jeannette looks like Khloe Kardashian.


IF YOU POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR CELEBRITY LOOKALIKE, I WILL POST IT ON HERE FOR ALL TO SEE! 
Pin It!

2 comments:

Beth Castillo said...

mind=blown

Kellie said...

Haha. Oh Beth. What's your doppelganger?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...