Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Sunday Quote





"Repentance is a change of mind, i.e., a fresh view about God, about oneself, and about the world...repentance comes to mean a turning of the heart and will to God, and a renunciation of sin to which we are naturally inclined." - Pearl of Great Price, Repentance

edit: Guys, I have to admit something. I have a great testimony of the Gospel, but when I go to a new ward, I have a hard time getting motivated to go because I feel so alone without friends at church. For the past few months, instead of being proactive and making friends, I have been pitying myself for not being cool enough to have people flocking to me by now. BTW, our ward is 90% new people who are thinking the exact same thing... I go to church, and am slowly learning peoples' names, but it's a very slow process for me to feel completely myself. 

We recently got a new RS president who has been focusing on ward unity lately. Today she gave a great lesson that made me realize something: if I want to have friends, I need to be a friend. She talked about how repentance is not some scary thing you do when you've done something horribly sinful, but "a change of mind, i.e., a fresh view about God, about oneself, and about the world...repentance comes to mean a turning of the heart and will to God, and a renunciation of sin to which we are naturally inclined." - PoGP. She asked us to repent about our thoughts about feeling lonely in the ward, and to be a friend first. 

So I'm repenting. Instead of feeling weird about not knowing anyone, I am going to be proactive about making friends and learning together at church. I'm excited.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...