Monday, December 31, 2012

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

It's that time of year again! I have to tell you that I have a love/hate relationship with New Year's Eve. 

On one hand, there seems to be so much pressure to have the most epic night of your life (every NYE...how does that work??). No matter what I do, I somehow feel like I'm missing out on some crazy celebration that I wasn't invited to by imaginary people who are somehow cooler than me. (Now I know I'm not alone...have you heard of FOMO?)

On the other hand, I feel like NYE comes at the perfect time. Post-holiday blues with a few months of winter left just beg for a holiday that inspires hope and new beginnings. This introspective girls just loves a reason to reflect. 

For me, NYE these days means celebrating with my BFFL. I tend to enjoy small shindigs over huge parties or town celebrations, so this year we will be throwing a minute-to-win-it party with Matt's family and some friends. We'll be ringing in the new year by making large fools of ourselves! And really, I can't think of a better way to celebrate.


What are you doing New Year's Eve? 

Oh, and when it comes to resolutions, my resolution this year is to NOT. Pinterest makes me feel inadequate enough...I don't need those unfinished resolutions making me feel guilty two months from now! I feel like I'm constantly making goals throughout the year, anyway. Instead, I'm issuing a blanket statement over my entire life:


Happy New Year! 

Pin It!

1 comment:

Kellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...