Thursday, December 23, 2010

My roommates and I started playing this game on Sundays: trying to pull off a neglected or outrageous item of clothing off at church. The first day I wore a snot-green satin ruffle coat, Moe wore a huge red satin ballerina skirt, Quintella wore a fur-collared coat, I don't remember what Angela wore, and Kellie cut off the bottom of a bridesmaid's dress and wore it as an undershirt. This game has seeped into the rest of my life as I wake up in the morning feeling like P-Diddy, throw open my closet and say, "Oh hey you! Closet! I will win you today!" Because we all have a self-imposed uniform, regardless of premeditation or acknowledgement, and sometimes I get bored! You'd be surprised how many outfits you can get out of your closet when you make a game out of it. So I've been playing a game with my closet, and I almost always win, wearing ridiculous colors together, clothes I had forgotten about, out of season items, and basically doing everything I wouldn't normally do to make my life more exciting. And I feel great about it.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...