Saturday, July 10, 2010

Heart Strings

For the past couple of weeks I have felt the need to go to the temple. I don't go very often, but when I do go I feel so energized and at peace. I feel like I more fully understand my purpose here and what God needs for me. I prepared myself to go, I tried to go several times, but every time something unavoidable stood in my way. Like two different temples being closed three different times. In two different states.

Once I get it in my heart to go, I feel like there is this invisible string connecting my soul to those front doors, and every time I can't go the string tugs tighter. This is what it must feel like for people without the ability to go at all. This is what it must be like to not have a recommend. Why am I just figuring this out now, and why don't I go more often?

J has felt this feeling, too. This is why we're best friends. Just kidding, but truly. We made a pact to go sometime this week. Will someone please come with me?
Pin It!

3 comments:

mrsjohn said...

Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.

flowers in australia

Naazju said...

I'd love to go with you, but which temple will you be traveling to? The Provo one is closed for another two weeks . . .

Kellies said...

I know! Bah...I'm going to the 7:30 baptism session at the Mt. Timpanogos temple. I'm leaving at 6:45 if you wanna come :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...