Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 26th-27th: Pisa, 4-person bikes, and the most unfruitful field trip ever.

The duomo at Pisa
Four person bikes!
American hamburger!
The tower!

It's a leaning tower of CHEESE-ah! Guess where we went today...Yup, Pisa. And I climbed the tower and whatnot. It made me feel sick but was super cool. Bought another shot glass (nine down, one to go :)) We sketched, did all the touristy stuff, and rented a FOUR person bike and almost died on a main road. Going like 1.5 miles an hour. It was the closest thing I've done to driving since I left Agnes at home with a popped tire. Happy day. 

Today I painted at the Ponte Vecchio. This is my third painting here, and I must say I have been improving a lot. But that's not saying much. It's fun to work and actually have something good come out of it. 

I've been stressing out about my typography project, and was so happy it was due today. I worked on it today and figured I had time to sleep. Well, I woke up five minutes before class, and still had to walk ten minutes, go get it printed (another ten) and walk to class. Yeah, I was late. And turns out we have one more draft due. At least he likes the direction I'm going? Also the book we were supposed to read...yeah I didn't even buy it. And our final is on Saturday. YAYYY!!

We went on a "field trip" today to some Futurist museum. Except we walked almost an hour and didn't find it. We went off our MAP. So we took the bus back home and Eric bought us gelatto.

Tonight they're treating us to the Cat and the Fox. YUM. Best restaurant (and cheapest for the quality) I've been to yet. I'm so excited, so I will go home now and shower and get all hot and whatnot so I can enjoy my food even more! 

Mom, I have made a list of things you should bring to Italy with you (either because I want them or you will really need them.) Here they are: 

-tressemmee shampoo and conditioner
-"lucky" detangler (we bought it up in brea at some beauty supply shop)
-anti-itch spray (lots of bugs)
-converters for your phone and whatnot. I have one.
-snyder's nibblers (no explanation :))
-all the medicine you never plan on using. You'll use it. Seriously. And medicine is really expensive here.
-a big water bottle (You'll be walking around all day most likely, and water fountains and bathrooms don't exist here. So fill up every morning).
-Sunglasses (for you).
-travel clothes detergent. You know the kind you can put in the sink and wash your clothes with? It's like a teeny sheet that dissolves. Laundry facilities are sparse here and expensive. 
-Don't bother with a blow dryer or curling iron because the converter messes them up, aka breaks them. There will be blow dryers in the hotel, and you don't need a curling iron. Seriously. It's humid here and the curl will fall out.
-Presents from America?!?!!?

Love the list? Thought you would. Just some advice :)
Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's my list? or did i not tell you...?
oops. anyway... i will live in italy one day. it will be awesome.

Anonymous said...

I do love the list...hope I can remember everything and have enough room in my suitcase!

It was great talking to you this morning. A great wake-up call!

I did great on my final...it was easy and was my last one.

Keep on blogging girl...you are a kick and I love you. Mamacita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...